Development Commissions – Round 3 – NOW CLOSED
APPLICATION ROUND IS NOW CLOSED.
Market Place is building audiences for the arts by supporting new activity that reaches new audiences in the market towns of Forest Heath (Brandon, Mildenhall, Newmarket) and Fenland (Chatteris, March, Whittlesey and Wisbech). As well as developing and delivering exciting and inspirational events in our seven towns, Market Place has also commissioned a range of artists, arts organisations and community groups to deliver their own new projects which reach new audiences.
WHO CAN APPLY
Development Commissions are open to anyone wanting to contribute to building the creative offer in the market towns of Forest Heath and Fenland. Creative businesses and professional artists are eligible to apply alongside voluntary arts groups, community organisations and young people. In developing your commission we would encourage you to collaborate with project partners to ensure that you have the capacity and skills to deliver your proposed idea.
Priorities for Round 3 of the Development Commission will be given to projects that:
- Support artists or arts organisations and community groups or organisations to work in new partnerships and to develop arts programmes or events, which are new or are of a scale or ambition that they have not delivered before
- Reach audiences who are new to the arts (as participants or audience) including marginalised or minority communities and individuals.
- Develop new arts programmes or events, which may be sustainable in the future.
- Have the potential to lever match funding or income in the short to medium term (i.e. beyond the life of this commission)
- Have the potential to reach across more than one of the Market Place towns.
Round 3 deadline 30th August 2017. Applications Round is now CLOSED.
Projects for Round 3 Development Commissions need to commence after 15 June 2017.
There is £40,000 in total for the whole Market Place region in 2017, with additional professional support from the Market Place team. We will provide up to £4,000 per commission. In some instances, the panel may not award the full amount, which is applied for. A spread across the towns is sought and awards will be made considering local need and strength of applications.
SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS
- If you have an idea for an arts activity that will develop arts audiences within the Market Place area, but are not sure it fits the Development Commissions, please do contact Catherine Mummery, our Programme Manager at email@example.com.
- Receive one-to-one support to develop a project idea and a proposal via a meeting (in person or via Skype or by phone)
- Send us you initial draft proposals so one of the Market Place team can raise any questions, or give advice to strengthen final proposals, to increase the likelihood of success
- All activities must be completed by 30th April 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Organisations making submissions, which are passed by the panel, will need to agree to terms and conditions to receive final approval and support. Details of the agreement can be found in the Guidance for Applicants pack.
If you have any questions about the development commissions, please contact Catherine Mummery, our Programme Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01353 611 591.
We really value volunteers. They bring their own experiences, insights and interests to Market Place, helping us gain new perspectives and develop links with local communities.
Volunteers can be involved in a range of roles from marketing support to events management, research and work with databases, social media and offline promotion. Different people volunteer for various reason. You may want to try something new or gain new skills and experience, or maybe meet new people and get behind-the-scenes of the arts, or just to give something back to your local community.
If you would like to know more about volunteering for Market Place, please send your CV and expression of interest to Kayleigh Boyle at email@example.com.