We are delighted that our Phase 1 funding has been extended to celebrate the project’s achievements. Market Place are looking for an organisation to create an engaging programme for 2018.
We are seeking expressions of interest from artists, arts organisations, partnerships or consortia to work with us, to develop and deliver:
- Major celebration events in two of our towns, Wisbech and Newmarket. These events will engage at least 500 people, in each town, in mass participation activity, and attract family audiences, in each town, of 3,000 – 5,000 people.
- A programme of high-quality participatory activity in our seven market towns of Brandon, Chatteris, March, Mildenhall, Newmarket, Wisbech and Whittlesey, that will ‘feed’ into the events in Newmarket and Wisbech.
It is expected that the events and the participatory activity will:
- Be significant and memorable.
- Reflect and celebrate the locality.
- Be developed and delivered by highly skilled, participatory artists, working in close consultation with our Creative Forums and the Market Place team
- Build on the networks and activities that have been delivered through Market Place in the past three years. See Market Place website for an overview of the range of skills, interests and relationships this commission should seek to build on.
- Tap into our communities’ strong interest in extraordinary storytelling and in celebrating local people.
- Be accessible to a wide range of audiences with a particular commitment to new and low arts-engagers.
Our communities have told us that they enjoy working with partners who:
- Are generous in sharing their high-quality, creative skills, ambition and extensive experience.
- Have excellent communication skills that demonstrate a genuine curiosity about the places and people they are working with.
- Will take a flexible approach in order to reach new audiences and adapt to new opportunities
The total budget for the development and delivery of the events and activity, is £83,000, including VAT. It is expected that at least £21,000 of this will be spent on participatory work. It is expected that this budget will be used to attract some additional funding or investment (excluding Arts Council funds) and income generating activity, such as ticket sales, in order to expand the programme, if successful.
In addition, there is a marketing budget and evaluation framework. Please note: full participation in the evaluation framework must be included in the delivery budget.
- More people taking part in and enjoying the arts across the 7 towns, particularly reaching new and low engagers.
- Ambitions developed for future arts activity across the 7 towns.
- Local and regional audiences attending the two major events.
- A wide range of inter-generational family audiences attending the two major events.
- 16 November 2017 – call out
- 8 December 2017 – deadline for Expressions of Interest
- w/c 11 Dec – short-listing
- Friday 5th January 2018 – presentations and interviews in Ely.
- Late January 2018 – issue contract
- March – April 2018 – development phase
- May – June 2018 – participation programme
- June – July 2018 – major events
- Evaluation: August – September 2018
To find out more about the principles underpinning Creative People & Places programmes please follow these links:
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit by email to email@example.com up to 2 sides of A4 describing:
- What interests you about this commission.
- Your approach to developing and delivering participatory activity, including the details of any partners, artists or producers that will work on this project.
- Your approach to developing and delivering the events, including the details of any partners, artists or producers that will work on this project.
- The overarching artistic direction of this activity, and how local voice and identity will be supported to inform the process.
- The support you will need from the Market Place team.
- An outline budget, indicating whether you plan to attract additional funding and/or earn income.
- Background information on your previous work and CVs of artists and producers involved.
- Relevant web links.
The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is: 10am on Friday, 8 December 2017.
We welcome discussions about this opportunity. You are may contact any of the following people to discuss Market Place and this activity in further detail. Please book telephone conversations via email by 1 December 2017:
We will shortlist Expressions of Interest, invite full proposals and presentations to a panel, including key members of our creative forums on 5th January 2017.