Tales and Trails Festival
Tales and Trails Festival was an arts and environment day for the whole family at Brandon Country Park on Saturday 21st September 2019.
MarketPlace supported Brandon Creative Forum to stage the one-day festival of art and activities celebrating the forest. We worked with artists and the local community to create a packed programme including newly commissioned artwork and creative experiences. The activities were themed around a sense of place and the natural environment, offering a range of things for visitors to see, hear and do. The event was free to attend, and we ran a festival shuttle bus from Brandon to the Country Park.
The event was really well attended by families and local residents, and we got some fantastic feedback from visitors. Check out our photo gallery here.
The event showcased 4 commissioned artworks:
- Keeping and Open Mind to the Unexpected - an immersive experience by Art at Work
- Connect - an installation in the trees by Kaitlin Ferguson
- Cyanotype - an opportunity to make camera-less photos with Kate Munro
- Kaleidoscopic Forest - an installation of making activity with Oblique Arts
There were also installations sharing the cultimation of two artist-led projects working with local schools: works by
- Letter to Me 2050 - by Ali Atkins
- Soundscape - by Lost Sound Project and students from IES
See below some coverage of the festival in press and social media. We really enjoyed the day, and the feedback we've had since suggested that visitors loved it too! Well done to everyone who took part, contributed, created and supported this community-led activity.