Word Up! Festival 12-22 April 2018
Between 12 and 22 of April the Word Up! Festival will be taking over the town of March! Join in to get creative with storytelling in all it’s forms. Enjoy film, music, visual arts, performance, poetry, and creative writing. Bring your family and friends to try your hand at range of activities.
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- Book Cover Trail – Find the missing words from book covers displayed around town. Trail sheets £1 from March Library
- Bedtime Stories – Tune in at 6.30pm to hear your favourites being read aloud by members of the local community
- Kevin Rodgers remembers Marcam Dance Hall – Take a trip down memory lane and share your own stories, 7pm March Library FREE
- Redesigning Book Covers – Recreate your own book covers, suitable for all ages, 10.30am-3.30pm March Library FREE
- Pipedream to Publication – Find out what it takes to be a published author, 7-9pm March Town Hall tickets £8.25 in advance, £10 on the door
- Write Now – Creative writing workshop with author Sue Welfare, suitable for people at all stages of their writing career, 10am-4pm March Town Hall, £11 in advance, £15 on the door. Limited spaces
- Poet Laureate Celebration Event – A celebration of poetry, 7.30-10pm March Town Hall tickets £5.50 including a drink and nibbles
- Lyric Writing Workshop – Work with musician and rapper Xidus Pain to create your own songs and music, 11am-4pm March Town Hall FREE
- Songwriters Evening – Local songwriters perform original music, suitable for 12+, 7-9.30pm March Town Hall FREE
- Name that Tune – A fun evening of music hosted by Gary Tustin and staring local musician Bondy. Music quiz with songs the 60s 70s and 80s, 7.30pm March town Hall, £1 per team member
- St George’s Fayre – Word Up! Festival finale on the market place, join us for free creative activities all day
Find out more about the individuals involved in Word Up! Festival with our latest series of profiles:
To find out more about the Word Up! Festival contact Katherine Nightingale email@example.com .
The Word Up! Festival has been created by Market Place working with local creatives. With many thanks to the March Creative Forum and project team members.